Friday, March 27, 2009

Bricks, Boards, Bookshelves

After really digging into the idea of boards and bricks, discouragement hit. I was going to end up spending a ton of money on what amounts to a fairly unattractive bookshelf system and in order to be as tall as I wanted there was the risk of it being unstable. And I'd need to have a lot of small bricks or some cinder block bricks all of which are pretty heavy. There were almost too MANY options for all of it and I decided to look at "ready made" shelves once again.

IKEA was a natural place to start. Here are a few of the ones on that site that seemed like possibilities:





The problem with the IKEA shelves is that I would have to drive 5 hours to Minneapolis to shop and then figure out how to get them home and then assemble them and also pay a lot of money which I was starting to think I just had to do to get what I wanted. Sigh. Then a friend pointed out the Walmart $29.00 bookshelf. At that price, I could possibly afford to buy enough to fill the space. I added that to my to do list--no decisions until I could see this one in person.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin