Saturday, November 29, 2008

Bits O' Honey.

Lucinda Williams -- Little Honey
a semi-review on my brand new cd

The sweetest bits of honey, according to me....

1. Tears of Joy
This one seems so familiar I've been trying to decide if it's on a different album or where I've heard it before. This is VERY much the Lucinda Williams I know and love.

2. Hey Little Rock Star
This song has been stuck in my head for days now. Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs sing backup vocals on the song too! Really this is my current favorite on the album. Melt in your mouth goodness.

3. Well, Well, Well
This one has a sort of "old country" feel to it which I always think is fun.

4. Jailhouse Tears
I didn't love this duet with Elvis Costello the first few times I heard it, but I really do enjoy it quite a lot now.

5. Knowing
This is typical Lucinda--slow, sorrow and love drunk sounds.

6. Rarity
The lyrics to this song are intriguing. The remarkably slow pacing of the song adds to its power. Do her other songs have horns? They seem more noticeable here. At times, a bit much.

7. Plan to Marry
This one feels very Joan Baez to me. Maybe it's the lone woman and acoustic guitar and the love is only a word line. It doesn't matter. I like it. Good stuff.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin