Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Creative Cooking Concept.2 La-la-la-la Lavosh

It's come to my attention that there are people who have never experienced the delights of Lavosh. And some who have never even heard of this. It seems to be something that restaurants around here have on the menu: one can order a Lavosh pizza or an artichoke-spinach dip with broken pieces of Lavosh for dipping or spreading the yummy dip. My grandma used to buy this when I was a child so I guess I've always been aware of the existence of Armenian sesame seed cracker bread.

Making a pizza from it is my favorite use. You simply cover the piece of Lavosh with Havarti cheese and your choice of toppings and heat until the toppings are warm and the cheese is melty (you can broil or simply use your regular oven features). Voila. Cooking I can handle.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I heart lavosh in a big, big way. This used to be an afterschool snack for me in grade school. I have not found any lavosh in the east. I must remember to binge on it along with Village hot sauce when I am home.

Carm said...

My friend Rebecca once made me buy her a taco pizza from Happy Joe's on my way to visit her. I guess this happens fairly often since they seemed to know just how to package a pizza for a 5 hour drive... they 1/2 cooked it? and had all the toppings in little baggies so they could be added. I was amazed.

Sara said...

OMG...I heart Happy Joes too. It is the diced Canadian Bacon for me. It is special.

Carm said...

speaking of Happy Joe's... I think I will pull on clothing (at noon, no less) and drag myself over there for some pizza buffet goodness. (get it while I can)Tomorrow I officially begin to try to whip my body into shape. I need clear beginning points. June 1 seems as good as any.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin