Sunday, May 14, 2006

Clever Crafting Concept.6 Photo or Art Display


I saw this posted on Anh-Minh's site last February and copied it so I might try it out this summer in my leisure. Or at least try out a variation on the theme. (Its original location is here.) I have huge white walls in my apartment that are blank and ready for the decorating. The high ceilings make for an awkward sort of dilemma in that I haven't really known what to hang or how to do it to achieve that aesthetically pleasing look I am always after.

Of course momentarily I contemplated getting "single wallpaper" to fill that large blank canvas. I think these are a riot. Read their blurb.

People do not like living on their own.
Still many of them do.

Flatmates might get on your nerves...
Lovers too.

They don't bother scattering bread crumbs all over the place, they leave the kitchen in a big mess and always insist on watching boring TV programs.

The single-tapete is the complete opposite: it is always friendly and doesn't smoke, it likes watching "Friends" with you for the 100th time without ever complaining, it doesn't leave dirty socks lying around, it never protests against your ideas, and it always looks fresh and attractive... even when, from time to time, you can't help losing your temper!

Talking to yourself ? – Well, never again! And if once again someone pities you for the fact that you have been living on your own for many years, you can always say: "Why? I've got someone!"

The single-tapete shows attractive, original-sized individuals, in different situations at home. It’s a photographic wallpaper, which is easily removable and – very practical! – it can always be reused when moving house.

No one ever needs to stare gloomily at empty walls again!

The main website is here.

2 comments:

E.Louise said...

I like the hanging photo thing - my sister-in-law has a string with miniature clothes pegs (pins?) holding up my niece's drawings. That's cool too.

Carm said...

Yeah, I bet it is.... I have all this blank wall space I thought this might be fun to try. My friend Marci occasionally frames her kids' artwork and it look just awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin