Friday, June 15, 2007

What's on Your Inner Jukebox?

I took this picture last Sunday in a cafe in a small town in North Dakota. My one regret is that I didn't find out if it worked. I love the look of these jukeboxes, even the pastel labels stir up a wave of nostalgia. It reminds me of my youth and D & B Pizza, birthday parties, and Joan Jett. "I Love Rock and Roll." Still a rockin' song today.

There was something to this style of music machine that made it even more fun than the cd based boxes of today. I loved watching for changes, looking to see if they had they newest hit. Or whenever I encountered a bar jukebox, I used to always look for "Turn the Page" by Bob Seger or "Love Hurts" by Nazareth. It's just amazing how certain songs can just take the edge off. I need other vicesl... just serve me up a perfect song at a perfect moment and I'm satisfied.

Now, I find my blessings by radio. Right now, I don't have a particular song that has me searching the FM dial, however I have had "Cupid's Chokehold" by Gym Class Heroes in my head for about three days now... (Thanks Sean.) And before that it was Panic at the Disco's "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" playing on perpetual loop. I'm not sure which is worse.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin