Saturday, June 02, 2007

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes.

There must be something about summer and shoes. I always want to buy new ones, fresh happy ones to celebrate the warm freedom of summer. For years I worked at a part time job that didn't allow open-toed or shoes without backs--clogs, essentially. That was my second least favorite thing about that job, and because of it many of the shoes I owned were ugly since the shoe people didn't know these restrictions placed on us by corporate book stores. Sigh.

Now, I can wear anything I like. Of course, I discovered a few weeks ago that whatever I was wearing wasn't working out so well. My right foot started hurting like crazy right where the toes meet the foot. And my other foot's arch was aching. Suddenly my flat little shoes were not doing it for me. I threw away a couple pairs of black flats earlier in the fall when I grew too ashamed to wear them because of their battered appearance. And so when spring hit, I was resorting to only one pair of flat, flat, black dressy flip flops with every outfit that required such a pair... basically every outfit. :)

So I had a REASON for some summer shoe shopping and here's what I bought.




They are a Strictly Comfort shoe with "memory foam" so you can tell that my aching tootsies was what was on my mind when I bought these. Unfortunately a week later I discovered a couple other pairs that I liked better. Oh well. Now I have variety.








These are my new Skechers. Lightweight, narrow fitting, casual looking shoes. These may be my favorites of my new aquisitions.





Of course, I got these in black. I haven't much imagination, I guess. I just like black shoes. These are the more "dressy" of the footwear options even though they are the flattest.





I am happy with my choices but none of these are the standard wear-with-everything pair of shoes, that Sara talks about. I used to have some leather sandals like that but I've not found a pair I've liked in years. Instead the ones I bought last, and wore all over Spain in 2002, now hurt my feet like crazy. It pains me to ditch them, though. Not without a replacement. Maybe this will by my next summer quest.

Unlike Rachel, I currently own 44 pairs of shoes. That is down from 60 a few years back. Some of them are very outfit specific. Many of them haven't been worn in a long time. Some of them were mistakes, but expensive ones so I have a hard time getting rid of them. Others are souvenirs from Mexico and Spain and I can't replace them so I cling to them despite their worn status. I love shoes, shoes, shoes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin