Monday, June 18, 2007

Laverne and Shirley--Doin' It Our Way

Give us any chance we'll take it
Read us any rule we'll break it
We're going to make our dreams come true
Doing it our way

Nothing's going to hold us back now
Straight ahead and on the track now
We're going to make our dreams come true

There ain't nothing we won't try
Never heard the word impossible
This time there's no stopping us
We're going to do it

On your marks, get set, and go now
Got a dream and we must know now
We're going to make our dreams come true

And we'll do it our way, yes our way
Make all our dreams come true
When we do it our way, yes our way
Make all our dreams
Come true
For me and you





I loved this show in after-school rerun style. Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley were always favorites of mine. First of all they all had great names... on Happy Days the guest stars, Leather and Pinky Tuscadero and then Lenny and Squiggy on Laverne and Shirley. I will admit they weren't my favorite characters on the show, and instead I really liked Laverne. She just seemed so cool. I thought Shirley was a little uptight. I loved the idea of living on my own with a friend. Wearing a giant initial on my sweater. Bowling. Pizza. Going out on dates with boys and not being so grown up that I couldn't have my Boo Boo Kitty close at hand. Though, I was also not so fond of the "Big Ragu".... Carmine Raguso was a sore spot in my existence since I went through a phase in which people liked to call me "Carmine" in addition to the other little nicknames I had to endure ("Don't squeeze the Charmin"). No grade school girl, likes to be referred to by a hunky boy's name.


I remember one saying from the show:
If in heaven we don't meet,
Hand in hand, we'll bear the heat
And if it ever gets too hot,
Pepsi-Cola hits the spot!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin