Saturday, June 17, 2006

Saturdays, Summer, and Something Going on Downtown...


A week ago I went to Artfest (where I saw the spoony shadows and the darling Buddy) in our local downtown. The food was the best bit, as always. I seem to need an excuse to eat cheese curds and mini donuts. To counter that lapse in healthy diet I did walk more that day than I have in ages.... Sadly enough, I tend to hop in my car to drive two blocks. But I chose to walk a mile to my friend Marci's house and together we strolled back toward the downtown .... hours later I was stuffed full of everyone else's creativity. Some booths had displays that I hardly would call art. Others were so clever I found myself wondering if I could create something like that. And so before this inspiration flickers out I may have to try my hand at some creating of my own.

Below you'll see a distance picture of some of the booths as we passed across the river to view those on the "American side," as my mother referred to them. I had to ask... Uh, Mom isn't Minnesota in AMERICA? That's what we get for living near the Canadian border for so long.... some things are hard to shake. I didn't take very many pictures that day, but you can see I was obsesseed with these lovely prismatic wind chimes. I was having a Pollyanna moment.



4 comments:

E.Louise said...

I remember this from last summer - I'm missing GF a lot at the moment: it's not a proper summer without being there :(

Carm said...

And it's not a proper summer for me without you here... and Ang is gone too. Sigh.

Sara said...

This looks lovely. I would love to explore a GF fest. NOthing better than arts and snacks.

Carm said...

I bought one of those wind chimes last year but it just hangs dormant in my apartment window casting rainbows on the wall... one day I'll have a porch or a deck to hang it on...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin