Friday, June 09, 2006

Creative Cooking Concept.3 Curry Tuna Salad

Ever since I reminisced about the mediterranean tuna in yesterday's post I've been craving that sandwich. Because I am trying NOT to eat every meal at a restaurant I opted for a different tuna I actually know how to make. This is a recipe I got from my dear friend Jolene and I think of her each time I make it.

Here's the recipe:

Curry Tuna Salad

Combine these ingredients:
2 cans solid white tuna
1 Granny Smith apple, skinned, chopped
(adding chopped walnuts or raisins is optional)

Then in a separate bowl mix
3/4 -- 1 cup mayo
2 TBSP mango chutney
1-2 tsp. curry powder

Simple cooking that doesn't even involve cooking is my favorite way to go. After I look at the picture of the sandwich I realize I should have tried harder to get a better shot. I would do that now, but I've eaten the sandwich. It was delicious with its crunchy, tangy flavor. Yum.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I remember this salad from a RRVWP. I still make it! Yum.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin