Thursday, June 08, 2006

A Girl's Gotta Eat

Within a week, I ate at three of the newer restaurants in our area. I am always a fan of the non-chain-independently-owned place. Though they do tend to struggle to survive. I had book club at Capone's. Lunch on my own at the new bakery downtown, Dakota Harvest Bakers. And drinks for Tara's birthday at Joe Black's.

Of the three I was most impressed with the bakery. Bright and sunny. Lots of room inside. Free wireless connection for geeks like me. Outdoor seating. Prices were a bit high, but the sandwich was a hit. Tuna something or other. And the cookie was a nice finish.

* I checked. It was Mediterranean Tuna on Oatmeal Whole Wheat... it had tuna (obviously), artichoke hearts, olives, sun dried tomatoes from what I recall... it was tangy. Delicious.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin