Thursday, June 29, 2006

Hollywood Endings..... Take Two

Sleepless in Seattle

Annie Reed (Meg Ryan) refering to An Affair to Remember on the TV screen: Now that was when people KNEW how to be in love. They knew it! Time, distance... nothing could separate them because they knew. It was right. It was real. It was...

Becky (Rosie O'Donnell): A movie! That's your problem! You don't want to be in love. You want to be in love in a movie.

******

I think this may have been where my mind was going the other day.... at least to a degree. (SEE how sick we've become we are using romantic comedies in order to inform us NOT to listen to romantic comedies) Still, here are other quality quotes from that movie.

******
Becky (Rosie O'Donnell) after listening to Annie read Sam's "reply" to her letter: Verbal ability is a highly overrated thing in a guy, and it's our pathetic need for it that gets us into so much trouble.

******
Jay (Rob Reiner): Well, this is fate! She's divorced, we don't want to redo the cabinets, and you need a wife. What do they call it when everything intersects?

Sam Baldwin (Tom Hanks): The Bermuda Triangle

******

Just for fun I looked at the quotes from You've Got Mail..... I think I love every single one. I guess that is a sign that I love that movie.... I couldn't even begin to sort. They just play out in my mind as I read them. They say kids shouldn't be exposed to certain things like violence in video games before a certain age because they have trouble distinguishing game from reality... but what about romantic comedies... when is it safe to expose young women? My friend Julie never liked this You've Got Mail because Kathleen lost her store... her "Shop Around the Corner" and though that was my dream store... I will say I still like the movie for a million little reasons that all add up. Many of those are showcased in these delightful quotes.

******

Frank Navasky (Greg Kinnear): Name me one thing, ONE, that we've gained from technology.

Kathleen Kelly (Meg Ryan): Electricity.

Frank Navasky: That's one. [points to computer] You think this machine is your friend but it's not.

1 comment:

Sara said...

You've Got Mail is a great movie. Along with Forrest Gump, I simply must watch it whenever it is played on television. I love it when Tom Hanks says to Meg Ryan near the end of the movie

"...I would've asked for your number. And I wouldn't have been able to wait 24 hours before calling you up and saying, Hey, how about... oh, how about some coffee, or drinks, or dinner, or a movie... for as long as we both shall live?"

Do people really say that to people?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin