Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I Feel So Betrayed...


My DVD player quit on me.... just gave up. I don't understand why... there was no warning. One day it worked; then the next day when I tried to watch The Great Escape it simply wouldn't play. It's not that old. I paid more for this particular model specifically because I thought it would last. I realize these things DON'T last forever.... but even my VCR seems to be outlasting it... (of course, I never USE that thing)


I thought I was smarter than the machine. I got out my screwdriver and opened the cover... to hell with the risk of shock. I even left it plugged in.... I watched it load and try to read my DVDs. I took more of it apart. I cleaned everything I could see with rubbing alcohol and q-tips. It seemed to work ... It played the FBI warning... It got me to the title menu but no matter what movie I put in it just wouldn't PLAY. I give up. You win. Damn you, Mitsubishi...

5 comments:

E.Louise said...

Did you try hitting it?

Carm said...

Yes, actually.....

marvin said...

If it won't play DVDs, will it play regular music CDs? If so, have you tried playing a music CD all the way through, from start to finish, on that machine, lately? If it will still do that much now, it might again work with DVDs after playing a couple of music CDs.

Carm said...

Oh no! Are you suggesting I dig it OUT of the trash? Just kidding. I've been known to keep dead appliances in my storage closet for YEARS... it's a regular Tech-cemetary in there... only there'll be no resurrection. I always figure if I want to construct a robot I might be able to (with a screwdriver, some rubbing alcohol and qtips) fashion a creation out of all the spare parts. Just call me Dr. Carmynstein....

I will try that idea.... thanks.

Carm said...

Well, I borrowed a DVD player for the time being... but I did try your suggestion Marvin, and so far so good. I have a CD... Edie Brickell which is playing and is already on track four. Keep your fingers crossed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin