Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Like Chocolate, like Loamy Soil, Like My Eyes on a Cloudy Day


Tuesday :: Brown
The bears are two from my childhood... I have trouble letting go. One is named Potatoes and the other I simply called Corduroy, I guess because that's what he's made of. They are old pals. The stacking dolls remind me of my Sesame Street watching days... There was once a bit on there with some Russian stacking dolls and from that moment on I simply had to have a set.
And the books... Well, to me, this stack of books looks tastier than tiramisu or any hot fudge laden dessert and I love both of those. I am not sure what it is but there is something in a book that triggers a kind of mouth watering, anticipatory excitement in me. And if the book is good, it's a treasure that I cling to. In this stack is a copy of The Wind in the Willows. I have never read this but plan to soon. I recently learned that this title was someone's first. First book read, I mean. For me it was Little House on the Prairie books and then The Boxcar Children. They say you never forget your first. What was yours? I'm quite curious.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin