Friday, September 04, 2009

Pretties and Produce

My mom's favorite flower is the gladiola. Here are a few that bloomed. If she wasn't out of town for the weekend, these would be on her kitchen table. I love them more because they make me think of my mom and my grandma, who would often create an arrangement like this only nicer and bring it to church each Sunday so there would be fresh flowers decorating the front of pulpit.

I love dahlias. They don't last as long as I'd like them too and I wish I'd planted more colors, but they are lovely, lovely, lovely. And if I had to pick just one color to have, well anyone who knows me knows, it would be red!

My spaghetti squash seemed to grow overnight. And the tomatoes are ripening on a regular basis now. I may grow tired of cucumber slices in vinegar, but not yet. I've picked some onions, beans, and carrots too, but I didn't manage a picture.

This squash is a whole lotta food. I need to figure out what to do with them because this is the first of many soon to be ready!

Here are two bell peppers growing in my window box at the apt. They are meant to be orange. I suspect they'll be ready soon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin