Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall Into Reading 2009

To feed my reading habit, I'm going to take part in a reading challenge. And YOU can join too!

Here’s a brief recap of how to be a part of Fall Into Reading 2009:

  • Make a list of books you want to read (or finish reading) this fall. Your list can be as long or as short as you’d like. (Also, feel free to modify your list during the challenge if it’s not working for you.)
  • Write a blog post containing your list and submit it to the original post on Callapiddar Days using the Mr. Linky at the bottom of Katrina's post.
  • Get reading! The challenge goes from today, September 22nd, through December 20th.
  • Check out other participants’ lists and add to your own to-read-someday pile!
  • Write a post about your challenge experience in December, telling us all about whether you reached your goals and how Fall Into Reading went for you. But remember: this is a low-pressure challenge that should be fun. As long as you do some reading this fall (and enjoy it!), that’s good enough for me (Katrina!).

I have 377 books in my "to read" category on Goodreads. I'm overwhelmed with goodness in book-form and yet, I sometimes find myself unnecessarily bogged down in a book. I am hoping to be able to read both the books for my book clubs and also the teen books I need to read to stay current with the up and coming authors and fiction students are reading. I also have a handful of professional books that I want to dig into... In the midst of all that I still have numerous other books I'm eager to read just for pleasure. So just for kicks I aim to read the following titles between now and December 20th! We shall see if I'm up to the challenge. Certainly, other books will creep in (they always do) but I'm hoping I can still tackle these ones too.

Here's my reading challenge list:

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larson
Freedom Writer's Diary by Erin Gruwell
Paper Towns by John Green
Zuleika Dobson by Max Beerbohm
Silverfin by Charlie Higson
The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller
Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich
The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Spanking Shakespeare by Jake Wizner
The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
What Narcissism Means to Me by Tony Hoagland
Peace is Every Step by Thich Nhat Hanh
The Penderwicks: A Summer Tale of Four Sisters, Two Rabbits and a Very Interesting Boy by Jeanne Birdsall




**** update ****
I'll update my progress by labeling each completed title in boldface. ten down, one in progress... more to come!

2 comments:

Pattie said...

Great list! I have a couple of yours in my Mt. TBR List, but not in my current list for this challenge....so many books, so little time!

Nise' said...

Great line up for your fall reading enjoyment. I see a couple really good ones.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin