Saturday, September 05, 2009

The Last Days of Summer

I'm trying to spend them well. It actually seems like we've had nicer weather since school started than we've had the entire month before. Typical. Earlier today I made a trip to the Farmer's Market with my pal Kristine and I splurged on fudge to give my sister Ashley. Kristine picked up a strawberry/rhubarb pie after discovering juneberry pies were "out of season." The stalls were loaded with produce but my garden is too. At least it's starting to be.

The day was breezy but still beautiful for a walk. We followed the bike path to Lincoln Park and it was fun to show it off to Kristine who'd never walked that way before. I pointed out the labyrinth and the wildflower/sculpture garden and on our way back to the downtown we discovered a new shop K had read about in the newspaper--The Twelve Houses--A Spiritual Healing Center, Gathering Place, & Metaphysical Store. Now, Kristine is convinced we need to go back to get our palms read. Not sure how I feel about that, but I'm game. Why not?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin