Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Knowing

Knowing, starring Nicolas Cage, is a film I've been anticipating. My brother mentioned it last weekend, my friend Sean wanted to talk about it on Tuesday night, so when mom was up for a movie I rented this one. I wasn't disappointed but I wasn't blown away. It was suspenseful and at times a bit too frightening for me. I'm a giant wimp so I was glad my mum was there to hold my hand (literally!).

Cage plays a grieving professor whose son attends a local elementary school that is opening a time capsule after 50 years. In the time capsule is a drawing filled with numbers which Cage believes are dates of horrific events and disasters, all prophetic when the paper was written by a school girl. Cage believes some have come true and that there are others still to come. This suspenseful thriller served to keep me watching and guessing and a little creeped out by the whispering men with the black stones. (It reminded me of Lost from time to time).

This was pretty decent. I'd give it 3 stars out of five for entertainment value.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin