Thursday, July 23, 2009

How Does My Garden Grow?

I'm afraid my garden is not a rousing success. I've managed to pull all the grass plaguing my plot and discovered only four potato plant survivors and a whole lot of herbs/flowers that didn't come up. But things are surviving and slowly growing. If the frost would hold out until November I just might be able to harvest some of this stuff, eh? Lots of tomatoes on the plants and some bell peppers and cauliflower growing too. Here are a few pictures to give you an idea.


Note the BEAN plants on the right. Seriously?
What on earth? They haven't grown in a month.

banana peppers--I think I can harvest some of these!

cabbage, lettuce
(note the more grassy plots in the background, there go I but for the HARD WORK of pulling out all that crab grass.)

Here's my first cucumber--straight eights.

1 comment:

E.Louise said...

I think your plot looks great - those cabbages and the peppers are awesome. Have you tried extra fertilizer?
I'm busy finding out how to freeze things since you get all of one thing ready at once. I blanched and froze a 7-pound cauliflower the other day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin