Sunday, February 01, 2009

Giant Rummage Sale Fundraiser Finds

On Saturday morning I actually paid two dollars to get in on the "early bird" aspect of a local church's annual fundraising rummage sale. I went straight for the kids' books and I found a few I had to have. I'm sure I'll be blogging them over on my Wayback blog before long.

I also bought a kitchen utensil I've been eager to try but didn't really need. A silicone basting brush/pastry brush. For a quarter. You just can't beat that!

I didn't bother with clothes too much, but I am in need of some new workout pants since I have been at the gym daily and I don't do laundry THAT often. I picked up a couple pair for a reasonable price.

I got a copy of Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut.

And because I'm forever collecting Christmas stuff, I got the little wooden ornament above for a quarter and the odd little advent calendar you see below. I probably should have tried to clean it before taking pictures, but I was feeling imapatient. I'm not sure if I'll use this next year but something told me I just needed to have this little dutch girl wall hanging. I was all in a rage to buy/make an advent calendar this past Christmas, I figured this was at least something.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin