Friday, February 06, 2009

A Stitch in Time.

I really like the work of Alanna Cavanagh.
Check her out here.

Two knitting events have got me thinking of headin' out of town with my needles and yarns. I haven't tried any new knitting projects since I finished my lengthwise scarf and I'm eager to try either the shrug or a couple others I've picked out. I should really try the top-down sweater pattern I picked up this fall. For some reason knitting has been sidelined lately. I need to remedy that and soon.




On Feb. 14th & 15th, in the Twin Cities, folks are gathering at the Mall of America for a major knitting/crocheting event. Click here for details. It is almost too much for me. Slightly overwhelming. Where does one begin? Classes? Seminars? I'd just like a chance to have some TIME to knit. Man. I could probably just do with a weekend with nothing planned, some tasty coffee, and me and my yarn.

On Saturday March 7th, a little closer to home, Boucle Yarn Studio is hosting a Midnight Madness knitting gathering after hours at their store in downtown Fargo. They supply popcorn and a movie. We show up ready to knit and hang out from 6 pm to midnight. I think that sounds pretty good.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin