Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Wandering 'Round the Bookstore

A couple days ago I actually had time to browse the book shelves of the local Barnes and Noble. Here are a few books which caught my eye. I didn't buy any, but these were the ones I might look for at the library.


New Biographies:


Kate: The Woman Who Was Hepburn
by William J. Mann

Schultz and Peanuts
by David Michaelis




Nonfiction:

Sedaris
by Kevin Kopleman

Thunderstruck
by Erik Larson

Omnivore's Dilemma
by Michael Pollan


Short Story Collection:

Blind Willow Sleeping Woman
24 Stories
by Haruki Murakami

Fiction by an Author I've read before:

Thousand Splendid Suns

by Khaled Housseni


The Other Boleyn Girl
by Phillapa Gregory

Tuesday Next First Among Sequels

by Jasper Fforde

The Fourth Bear: A Nursery Crime

by Jasper Fforde

3 comments:

E.Louise said...

The bear reminds me I saw a preview for the Golden Compass the other day at the cinema and bounced around with excitement on my chair.

Carm said...

That reminds me... the Anti-Harry Potter crew are shifting gears and heading for The Golden Compass... watch out. I was "warned" by email earlier this week. Check out the link they sent me.

Sara said...

I just watched a documentary on Charles Schultz last night on PBS on American Masters. It was really interesting and reminded me that I also want to read Schultz and Peanuts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin