Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Granola Girl

I am on a baking frenzy. Unfortunately, my granola experiment may not have been the most "healthy" of all granola recipes... still it is DELICIOUS. I suspect it won't last too long at my house. I found the recipe here and I think I'll try her no fail granola recipe next.

vanilla almond granola

4 c old-fashioned oats
1 c sliced almonds
2 T flax seed
1/4 t salt
1/8 t cinnamon

3 T brown sugar
1 packet of vanilla sugar (or just 2 T of white sugar)
1/3 c vegetable oil
1/4 c honey

1 T almond butter (I used peanut butter)
4 t vanilla extract

1. Preheat to 300°F. Mix the first 5 ingredients in large bowl. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine oil, honey, and sugar. Stir honey mixture until it just begins to bubble. Remove from heat and stir in the almond butter and vanilla. Once the almond butter melts, pour the hot liquid over the oats and stir well until throughly mixed.

2. Spread granola on a large rectangular baking sheet or pan. Bake until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Break apart and store in an airtight container.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin