Saturday, April 07, 2007

Fun on the Farm

When school released for the Easter holiday my sister and I went north for the first time in months. This time Ashley drove... she now has her learner's permit and so I entrusted my car and my life into her quite capable hands. She did a great job. While we were home we managed to watch two films... Charlotte's Web and Man of the Year. Both were good... films I'd recommend.

On Friday after a hearty brunch, we spent some time at Grandma's house sorting through some things. Difficult. Sad. Later in the day, Pee Wee and I rolled around town doing a bit of visiting. With a little guidance my small hands were able to change the light bulb in my headlight. Woo Hoo. [Carmyn 1.... Car 0] Dad was determined to do a bit of target practice so he rigged up a bullet box and set his two girls to shooting a 22. I had some difficulty with the scope but it turned out I wasn't so bad at standing when I tried out his little "ding and spin" device. (not sure what it's really called)

Saturday started out with a tutorial for my master chef father in the art of chocolate chip cookie making. Armed with a memorized version of Grandma's recipe, I whipped out a double batch of cookies before 9 am. Then I made my way to the hometown church for a bridal shower for my sweet lil cousin, Brooke.


the cats... Trudy and the boys (there are even MORE of them roaming around!)

Ashley checking out her aim.

Dad showing us how it's done.

and me, of course.

5 comments:

chickadee3357 said...

I agree, Man of the Year was a good movie. Why was sorting through stuff at home difficult and sad?

chickadee3357 said...

Oh btw, I read your "Road Rage of a Different Color" which I thoroughly enjoyed and have been reading since.

Carm said...

Yay! Welcome to my blog. I am glad you are reading....

My grandma passed away a few months ago so now it's down to sorting through stuff... all of it loaded with memories. I miss her so much. You can read more about that in this post if you are interested.

chickadee3357 said...

I read that post. It made me cry. I am very close with my grandmother and I know I will miss her when she leaves this earth, but hopefully it will still be a ways away. My other grandmother died from breast cancer after my freshman year of college. I'm not as close with her and while it was sad, it was worse to see her going through the cancer and chemo. I know what you mean though about expecting them to walk in the door at any minute. My uncle died in a tragic accident and while we were at his funeral I told my dad how it felt like he was just not here right now, that he would be back later. Probably more than you wanted, but I thought I would share.

Carm said...

no, I'm glad you shared. It's nice to know that others can relate.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin