Thursday, April 12, 2007

Playing for Meats!

I have a "soft spot" for trivia. Some days I think the "soft spot" is in my head rather than my heart.... but I do enjoy the mental workout. Often it's the trivial stuff I recall rather than the more important facts. For the past couple years I've played Saturday night trivia with a team of teachers and spouses and we call ourselves the Mixed Nuts. Winners of the rounds get $5.00 off coupons for the bar, but we mostly play for the PRIDE of winning. We've been thinking about renaming our group "Third Place."

Recently the same bar started a new version of trivia that is held on Wed. nights and involves a large cash prize at the end of the six weeks. My friend Pam and I joined an existing group, DNA, who are typically our rivals on Saturdays. We've discovered that together we know more and it's been great fun playing with them.... AND they tend to WIN! This trivia doesn't have the beloved music rounds the Saturday night one has but it does give a free round of drinks to the entire team if they win a round. And at the end of the night the overall winner gets a prize donated by the radio station. Since Pam and I missed weeks one and two I'm not sure what that means for the overall prize if we win, but we'll keep playing regardless.

This week the questions were remarkably hard. Yet we won two rounds with first place and our overall totals for the night put us in first. We each went home with $15.00 gift certificates to L & M Meats. Nothing beats a group of adults chanting victoriously "Meats, Meats, Meats" as we were announced the winners for the night!

4 comments:

E.Louise said...

Bet it wasn't a 'mile of meat' though :)

E.Louise said...

Do you remember the mile of meat? That comment will be very bizarre if you don't!

Carm said...

Well.... Ummmm..... was it some event held on South Washington? I seem to recall some freakish thing like that!

E.Louise said...

Yes, with the men with the signs lined up along the street. It was freakish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin