Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I Heart Heart!


Heart reminds me of being fourteen. I actually don't remember a lot from those years but when I hear the song "Alone" I am instantly brought back to my Algebra class and can even remember where I was sitting. Why this song summons this memory, I am not sure. In 1987, I was still buying 45 singles of the songs I loved from the local Rexall Drugstore. A few years later it was Richard Marx and Roxette single cassettes that filled a shoebox I still have to overflowing. Back then, I wasn't so different from now; I liked my music by the song more than by the album.

Last summer I bought a copy of Heart's Greatest Hits (1997) and it wasn't until I started listening that I realized just how much I love this group. I recalled the big songs of the late eighties and early nineties but I never gave much thought to them. Nor, did I remember all the terrific songs they had in the seventies. This collection of hits brought that all back to me. I can't begin to say which song is my favorite. Some days it's "Crazy on You," other days it's "Magic Man." Their version of the Toronto song "What About Love" is one I can't help but sing along too. Actually, Lord help the person next to me at the traffic light when I have this CD playing. I am powerless to stop myself from shaking my hair and passionately singing the lyrics.

1. Crazy on You
2. All I Wanna Do Is Make Love to You
3. If Looks Could Kill
4. Never
5. Alone
6. Who Will You Run To
7. Straight On [Acoustic]
8. Magic Man
9. What About Love
10. Dreamboat Annie
11. Dog and Butterfly [Acoustic]
12. Nothin' at All
13. Heartless
14. Stranded
15. Will You Be There (In the Morning)
16. These Dreams
17. Barracuda [Live]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin