Thursday, April 19, 2007

Spinning Wildly Out of Control

Right now I am procrastinating. I have a deadline and so to deal with that I avoid and stress. Nice, eh? Actually I've been poised and ready to write for days but other factors haven't been cooperating and now when I have everything I need including the time... I procrastinate.

All the OTHER things on my mind:

Novels. World Lit. British Lit. What we should be teaching as a district. This is heavy on my mind.

Where can I find a good bruschetta recipe for wine club on Saturday?

The correcting I have stacked up which absolutely MUST be done before I set foot into school tomorrow.

The need to switch out my winter and summer wardrobes.

How I should be paying my bills tonight.

The three Netflix films I have here calling my name.... "Watch me... Carmyn... watch me"

The need for intense yearbook page creation. 56 pages left to complete.

The book club book I've not started reading for Tuesday's meeting.

Wondering if the grapefruit juice dated April 16 is safe to drink.

How I need to get the school poetry contest display up tomorrow afternoon. Mentally seeking a fresh burst of creativity for display ideas.

Ahhh.... here's a little poem to conclude this stress-inducing post:

The Poet
by Lucille Clifton

i beg my bones to be good but
they keep clicking music and
i spin in the center of myself
a foolish frightful woman
moving my skin against the wind and
tap dancing for my life.


[This is all part of my plan, of course... I release all my stress into the blogosphere and bit by bit the masses absorb it and I'm left with a calm, if not a bit nutty, center. Ahhhh..... it's working already.]

3 comments:

E.Louise said...

(In the time it took you to type that list, you could have paid your bills :)
One idea: read reviews of the book club book - at least then you can wing it if you have to, although I realise it defeats the object. And try http://recipes.epicurean.com :)

Carm said...

The article is DONE. Whew!

And I did these things too:

Threw out the grapefruit juice. No sense taking chances.

Started the book club book as a reward for writing my article so well!

Collected all the student poems. Will do the display Monday before school.

Bills paid. You're right, Em. It took about 2 minutes.

Found a few recipes to try. Fingers crossed.

All the correcting was done save two folders. Now I have a new stack of correcting. Sigh.

E.Louise said...

A new suggestion: give out less homework :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin