Saturday, March 31, 2007

Road Rage of a Different Color

Sometimes the most random things make me crabby... is that what determines the label of "pet peeve"? Yesterday I noticed the car ahead of me in traffic had one of those Calvin and Hobbes cartoon characters peeing with a devilish look. For some reason that stupid image raises my blood pressure. I actually HATE it and all the other "peeing Calvin" decals out there. I think they are the epitome of tackiness. If I was asked on a date by a guy and I discovered that he proudly displayed one of these on his car I am pretty sure I would grimace and quickly head the other way.

My disdain for this sort of thing isn't limited to bratty cartoon boys, however... I really don't like any kind of car decal or decoration or proclamation. I dislike personalized license plates and I hate those yellow ribbons that demand we should support our troops. I am annoyed by the Christian fish and almost more so by the "Darwin fish with legs eating the Christian fish." Ugh. I am sure there have been times when a bumper sticker has managed to trick a smile out of me, but the instance is less frequent than one would imagine. I don't care if your child is an honor student. I don't need to know that "you brake for babes." Unless you LIVE in your car I see no reason to decorate it up like the bedroom of a teenager. Perhaps if the image or logo on the back of the car is a definitive statement that somehow manages to capture the whole of you in a concise or symbolic way it should be less offensive to me, but most of the time I feel these things are something people slap on their cars without any real thought or reflection. Here's a car magnet you might want to "think over" before you buy it in bulk of say 100 for only $2.50 each for you and your friends. Perhaps I am overreacting. I realize that may be the case. But it's my blog and I'll rant if I want to!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin