Saturday, March 03, 2007

"All we are saying is give peace a chance." -John Lennon

Okay, some are going to think I am obsessed with documentaries lately. It's a little unusual I've managed to watch three in a week, but it is just by chance. My latest was The U.S. vs. John Lennon . In addition to listening to truly great music, I found it surprising the extent the U.S. government was interested in the activities of John Lennon. Of course, we are talking about Nixon, so I'm not sure I should be surprised. You can look at the official website here.

Here are a couple quotes I liked:

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." -- Gore Vidal

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon


The film inspired me to listen to all the John Lennon/Beatles music I have, but it also spurred me on to examining this song a wee bit more: "The Ballad of John and Yoko." Of course, my love and appreciation for "Revolution," "Give Peace a Chance," "Imagine," "Instant Karma," "Come Together," "Nobody Told Me," and "God" is nothing new.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin