Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Exact Opposite of Hockey

While I was in Minneapolis for my spring break holiday, our local university's hockey team was competing in some tournament... Regionals? Nationals? World Domination? I have no idea. I just know that everyone kept asking me... "Oh, are you going to The Cities to watch the Sioux play?" Uh? No. Unfortunately, I cannot muster much enthusiasm for that. Instead, on Friday night my friend Rebecca and I did what I termed "the exact opposite of hockey." We went to the Landmark theatre in Edina to watch The Lives of Others, the German film which won the Academy Award this year for best foreign picture. The theatre was packed and it was impressive to see folks flooding in as the previews started. It was funny in parts and touching in others. Overall, I enjoyed the film. I don't feel I know much about East Germany and so this film was also intriguing to me in that respect. I would highly recommend it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin