Saturday, March 17, 2007

On a Stroll through the Walker

On Friday, Ashley and I started our day with another dose of Half Price Books... this time in Apple Valley. I had a list but didn't find much on it... instead I kept finding other gems... Among other things, I bought five books for my classroom bookshelf (all for a $1.00 each) and I splurged on a copy of The Great Movies by Roger Ebert.

Next we considered going to the Mall of America because, unlike me, Ashley still holds a fascination with malls. Just as we were heading north, my friend Rebecca called to confirm our dinner & movie plans and asked us to wait to go there since she had MOA needs. Instead, we headed downtown to the Walker so Ashley could make a slightly chilly, slushy, muddy trek through the sculpture garden and then we explored (at top speed) the exhibits including one by Kara Walker. The STYLE of art is one of my favorites... the subject matter was a bit much. Let's just say it's "rated R" and I think Ashley wasn't overwhelmingly impressed. However I'm glad we went and I only wish we had time to go to the Weisman Art Museum to see their displays.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin