Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Let it Snow!

Well, it's here. Winter, I mean. And Christmas is sure to be white. Right now I want to do a million things all at once, I want to blog... and I have blogger's block.

Here are just some of the things bouncing around in my brain:

  • Shopping... I need to buy some gifts for my siblings and get them in the mail before too much more time passes.
  • Pepparkakor (Finnish Gingerbread Men) ... a recipe I found in the newspaper today. It looks yummy and fun.
  • The Subtle Knife... I am obsessed with reading and am not finding a lot of time to do so.
  • My grain shovel ... WHERE the heck is it? I want to put it in the trunk like every other good North Dakota girl in case I need to dig myself out... there is a LOT of snow out there.
  • Cards or Letters ... Once again, I must decide what to do about my Christmas letter. I agree with Rachel and with Sara and find myself torn and still undecided. Best figure that out soon.
  • Audacity ... a new program I downloaded that allows me to split mp3 versions of songs so it will be easier to make round 2 trivia cds in the future.
  • Correcting... not even going to think about the STACK of papers and assignments calling my name.
  • Bell Ringing... later tonight I'll be joining my colleagues at the mall to ring a Salvation Army bell.
  • Pictures... I want to try to capture some seasonal shots with my camera. Who has the time or the proper lighting?
  • Movies... I have Sicko, Christmas in Connecticut, La Vie En Rose, and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End all enticing me to veg on the couch.

2 comments:

marvin said...

Since NaNoWriMo 2007 had ended, does that mean your 1102 word beginning effort will not be submitted or used for that purpose now? If so, perhaps you would consider posting that beginning effort on some literary blog somewhere for the sake of obtaining feedback, or generating discussion, or even engendering some contributions from others.

And how the heck does that little, gray word counter box work, anyway? Do you have to manually set it to display your progress, or does it actually have a way to "count" the words you've written?

Carm said...

Uh... don't remind me. NaNoWriMo... I think I was stuck before I began. I wanted to try it.. but boy did I crash and burn.

The word counter box was one I found online and to set it, I just type into the html how many words I've written and it adjusts.

I wouldn't count on reading the fraction of writing I did... maybe next year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin