Wednesday, December 12, 2007

All I Want For Christmas is a Nap!

I've been excessively tired lately. Not sure why. Barometric pressure? Lack of daylight? Either way, there are too many things to do and when I've got the time to do them I'm too tired. Sheesh. Yesterday I took my first nap in months and months. I've been very deliberate in cutting naps out of my life for the sake of ensuring a regular night's sleep. It turns out that I'm actually tired enough to have both!

Assuming my sleep cycle will right itself... here's a glimpse of what I'd really like for Christmas.




Clementines. Yum!

Suite Française by Irene Nemirovsky

Wool roving for needle felting projects

Stranger than Fiction, one of many films I would like to own

Dwight Yoakam's latest cd.

A magazine subscription to Real Simple

Jewelry from Wilk Designs. But only these two items. The bubble ring and the bubble pendant. They are the coveted ones. I discovered these in July of 05 and still like them..

I also love a lot of the jewelry to be found on Etsy. Like the compass ring. Or their art or virtually any number of wonderful and cool handmade things.

3 comments:

marvin said...

I could swear that I once got one of those compass rings, exactly like the one pictured there, as the prize in a box of Cracker Jacks.

Just out of curiosity, do you ever actually play any of those Dwight Yoakam CDs out loud, when and where other people might possibly be able to hear them by accident? ... :-)

Carm said...

See, now I just love the idea of a prize in the bottom of my Cracker Jack's. I think it's that sort of quirky Captain Underpants Hypno-Ring quality that cracks me up with the compass ring. So, obviously one shouldn't spend a bunch of money on such frivolity, but there is something about it that demands a big smile.

Did you read my Dwight Yoakam post ?

marvin said...

Did I read your Dwight Yoakam post? Nope, I hadn't before now. I think that must have been posted during one of the months I missed. I will admit that I find his CD, "The Very Best of Dwight Yoakam," a lot more palatable than "Dwight Sings Buck" or some of his other efforts. But that is probably just because his "Very Best of..." CD includes (and rather surprisingly so) cover versions of four of my favorite songs done by other artists: "Little Sister" and "Suspicious Minds," both done by Elvis Presley; "Crazy Little Thing Called Love," done by Queen; and "I Want You to Want Me," done by Cheap Trick. Of course, in all four cases, the original is the better version, but it's nice to see Dwight trying very hard to duplicate those songs as closely as he can.

But you still didn't answer my question. ... :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin