Sunday, November 18, 2007

Meet the Robinsons


A few years ago I stumbled upon a children's book I really loved. William Joyce introduces the unique Robinson family in rapid fire succession in this quirky book: A Day With Wilbur Robinson. People might remember this author as the one who created Rolie Polie Olie, but I would argue this book is his best.


Now Disney has released a film based on the book... Meet the Robinsons. Of course it's greatly expanded, but equally delightful. There is a greater plot full of heartwarming moments, cool futuristic ideas, and a positive message. The characters are straight out of the book, with a few additions. Oh, and the soundtrack is pretty good too! I highly recommend this film and the book too.

4 comments:

marvin said...

"Danger, Will Robinson! Danger, Will Robinson!"

"Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!"

"But the Krell forgot one thing! Monsters, John! Monsters from the id!"

Carl: This reminds me of the story of the boy who cried llama.
Sheen: Wolf.
Carl: [alarmed] Where?

Carm said...

Lost in Space? How funny. I've never seen that show. But your quote makes it sound great!

marvin said...

Actually, my quotes above reference four different shows-- a 1960's TV series, two 50's theatrical movies, and a recent TV series: (1) "Lost in Space" (1965 to 1968); (2) The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951); (3) Forbidden Planet (1956); and (4) "The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius" (2002 to 2006).

Carm said...

Wow. See now, I totally missed that. I think you should write the show that includes all that dialogue. What fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin