Thursday, November 22, 2007

Make it Work!

I almost missed it. I was browsing Bravo programs and discovered I'd missed the first episode of Project Runway's season four. I quickly set my DVR to record one of the kajillion repeats and then the "new" episode this week. Yay. Just as Bachelor lets me down with a resounding thud. (I should have known that grammar stuff was an indicator... though Jenni used that same wrong pronoun while on the After the Rose show Tuesday).

Dancing with the Stars continues to mystify. Do you suppose it's the fans or the Mormons that keep Marie in there. Sure, she's been doing better and if we had another 8 weeks, maybe she could reach the level of the other dancers. If it is the mormons, maybe we ARE in trouble with Mitt Romney. Gulp. I just had a wicked chill run down my spine.

Project Runway is always good fun. In part to see the interactions between the designers, to check out their tattoos and strange pecadillos. Yet, for me, it's always more about the designs. I LOVE seeing what they can create in such little time. I have great admiration for both Dancing with the Stars and Project Runway. These people have to WORK HARD to make it work each week. With Dancing with the Stars the reward is a cheezy mirror ball trophy... though I guess they are elevating their level of celebrity by staying on the show and that could help career-wise for some. On Project Runway they get money to start a line of clothing, they get to show at fashion week, they get a car, and more. It's truly that boost to get them going in their fashion careers. I don't know if that's worked out well for any of the winners, but it's sure fun to watch them get there.

I'm not much for reality shows, though this post would indicate otherwise. I just really like dancing and fashion. The Bachelor? I guess I get some kind of sick thrill from seeing how far people will go to declare their love for someone they've only just met.... and I have long wondered how long before it blows up for someone and I am afraid it finally imploded on Brad. Poor kid. But then again, it's like he didn't understand the show?

2 comments:

marvin said...

"I have great admiration for both Dancing with the Stars and Project Runway." .....Well, sure, both of those shows are GREAT television, but you have to admit, they can't hold a candle to "Wheel Of Fortune" or "The Price Is Right."

Carm said...

Uhhh... I don't like game shows... except maybe Jeopardy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin