Monday, May 28, 2007

Pirates Eat Cookies.

I'm babysitting for the next six days and I have to say that I am most certainly going to collapse from exhaustion by day three. Today I have a distinct memory of my looking at my watch at and thinking... dear God, it's only 10:30 am.

The funniest thing that happened today had to be my morning wake-up call in the form of a cheerful five year old. At 6 am, John stood beside my bed and asked me what time it was. I told him and he responded sadly, "Oh, my mom and dad like me to stay in bed until 7 o'clock. Will you tell me when it's 7:00?" I thought I was getting off easy as he padded off to his bed and I rolled over to snooze a bit more. Ten minutes later, I heard... "Carmyn? Is it 7:00 yet?" I explained it was not and he left once again. About ten minutes later the scene repeats until I suggest that at 6:30 it would be fine to play in his room and I could "rest" right here and when he was hungry for some breakfast we could go downstairs together. I think that happened at 7:00 am, wouldn't you know!

At any rate, we crammed lots of good stuff into the day and one of those things was making cookies. Yum.

My Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

1 cup butter flavor Crisco
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs well beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

combine with an electric mixer
gradually add in

2 and 1/2 cups flour
then add 6-8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips

Bake for 8-9 minutes at 375 degrees or until lightly browned.

2 comments:

E.Louise said...

SIX DAYS?!? Heavens above. I think my head would explode.

Carm said...

perhaps you weren't aware of my babysitting adventures a few months ago for all THREE children! I survived... and frankly, they are quite cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin