Monday, May 21, 2007

Confessions of a Bad News Biker

Today I biked to UPS to pick up a package that they attempted to deliver earlier. It was great going there... 10 minutes... I was flying down the highway. Then on my way home, I discovered why. I turned the bike around and headed south into some fierce winds. The ride back took exactly twice as long and if I stopped pedaling even for a second, the bike stopped and I nearly tipped over. I could have walked faster than I was biking! Unbelievable. One might think I am making this up. But the sheer embarrassment I have over my ineptitude at bicycling is enough. I feel the need to confess, if nothing else, because I am hopeful it will get better. At least it didn't rain.

3 comments:

E.Louise said...

You cycled on the highway? Is that legal? Is it sensible?

Carm said...

It was necessary. I had no other way to get there! (if that alarms you don't ask Ang about the time we rode to Manvel!)

E.Louise said...

Who won the dancing? I missed the end (and also most of the series). LOST TONIGHT!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin