Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm Making No Promises


It's May. That must mean it's time to spend money on expensive electronic equipment... At least it seems that's been the trend. Last year it was the MP3 player... the year before I summer-splurged on a digital camera and a new laptop. Well, this one is the biggest risk of all. I bought a Schwinn 438 Elliptical. We all know how little I like exercising. Still I need to actually START doing daily cardio in order to make a difference for my cholesterol and for my "figure" (that sounds like such a Mary Tyler Moore word). I didn't agonize over this purchase like I did with the camera, yet I stressed some. In the end, I dragged my mom around for moral support and to bounce ideas off of.... and with the counsel of Marci's lovely sister-in-law, well, I took the plunge. It's a bit bigger than it seems in the picture and I'm intimidated by how it fills the space I chose for it... Still I've had it in my apartment for four hours and I've already used it for about 25 minutes. Woo Hoo.

Highlight of the day: Watching my mom try one of the ellipticals and proclaim she had sore calf muscles after a 30 second bout on the machine. "My gosh, this really works!" :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin