Sunday, May 20, 2007

Fresh Air Blooms Fragrant....

The lilacs are nearly done. I wait for them every year. At home, up north, they used to bloom on my birthday. Here, they bloom a few weeks earlier and are nothing more than a fragrant memory by the time I am officially another year older. As I type this I am listening to "Lilac Wine" by Jeff Buckley, totally by chance. Ironic, eh?

I picked these today on my bike ride to the library. It sounds nice doesn't it? My bike ride to the library... a little relaxing jaunt on a Sunday afternoon. Truth. It was a frantic trek across town against the wind to return to films before the library closed at 5. The entire time I kept thinking, "I would really like bike riding if it wasn't so much work and so damn exhausting." I like the way it brings me closer to the world around me than I am when I am closed off in my car.

Last Wednesday when I took a day off, I made a discovery while walking. A field full of gophers. It was an unlikely sight and tried to take a picture or two. They are shy little guys. Here's the best I could do. How odd, that such a simple thing could make me feel such joy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin