Friday, February 16, 2007

Poetry Contest

Today at the absolute deadline I entered three poems in a local poetry contest and as soon as I did I noticed one typo and then discovered two preferrable poems on my hard drive at home. Darn. I hate doing stuff like this. I am not sure if I am cut out for publication. I feel a little sick at the thought of a group of strangers reading my poetry. I actually like all three I turned in but in another sense they are mine and I feel a bit possessive and fearful of the scrutiny of others. They are my babies and I"ve just sent them out into the cold without a winter coat or hat. Sigh. Well, the prize is $50... so money-hungry me is willing to suck it up if there's a chance I could win something. Wish me luck. Maybe I'll get really brave and post the poems on here. Don't hold your breath.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin