Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Daylight Deprivation Makes Me a Dull Girl

There truly is something to that Seasonal Affective Disorder business. I am convinced. It seems that every winter I don't notice anything is particularly wrong until spring starts to spring and I am waking up to sunlight. When the sunlight wakes me I am a completely different person. It's like Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde. I am whichever is the crazy and crabby one through the gloomy, chilly winter season and then suddenly I am the chipper, energetic, glad-to-be-alive girl who wakes with a smile. It's almost scary what a difference a little sunshine brings. Good news. I've been waking to sunshine all week.

***Note to self and anyone else who cares to remind me... I am NOT permitted to live in Seattle or any other places that tend toward overcast skies for a large part of the year.

3 comments:

E.Louise said...

Don't come here then. Wait, no, DO come here :)

banjo bandida said...

I agree. It's like we don't know what we've been missing until the sunlight trickles in through the blinds in the morning. Have fun waking up tomorrow!

Carm said...

With my ten foot windows it's more than a trickle... I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin