Monday, July 31, 2006

Donating my Body to Science


Okay, I've done the nutritional lab studies..... and the plasma donation and now my willingness to sacrifice my body for cash has reached a new level. I just returned from the first weekend of a PRACS study and I think I might die. I will defintely be writing more about this but right now I think my blood pressure might be too low to actually do this post justice. [77 systolic and 52 diastolic last time it was checked] The best part is that I have three return blood draws and then a 3 day break before I do it all again. Woo Hoo! I was sure that all this confinement at their onsite location would simply be a GREAT way to catch up on reading or movie watching... what I didn't realize is that I would feel like the walking dead. Okay, I should quit complaining I will be compensated well for this. I had just hoped it would be a little more fun.

2 comments:

E.Louise said...

However much you're getting paid, it isn't worth it! Didn't you see this in the news?
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/03/15/uk.clinical/

Carm said...

Actually by 8 pm my blood pressure was more in the normal range [90 over 58] and I felt tons better having had a short nap and some REAL food.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin