Thursday, July 20, 2006

All right.... Carry On.

Project Runway Season Three is Here!
And I can tell it's going to be a fun one. Heidi Klum is looking lovely and there is something about that woman... It's like I wouldn't MIND being rejected or "Auffed" by her... Wikipedia has a list of the designers and also a brief description of the last two challenges. I really don't like reality TV... I mean it. But the creativity is so terrific that I look forward to new episode Wednesdays so I can see what new challenge Heidi and the Gang have cooked up and how each designer will fulfill it.

The first week I think I liked Laura's coat best. But I did like this coffee filter dress... if nothing else, for its creativity. The highlight for me, though, was seeing Kate Spade in action, as she was a guest judge. I am not an artist, or a designer .......... or a figure skater, dancer, astronomer, actor, or singer--all things I've wanted to be. Still, that doesn't mean that I don't wish I could grow up to be like Kate Spade one day. I guess I will content myself with a little hero worship and maybe I can be content with having "style".... THAT at least would be good to emulate.

Challenge two was a team challenge to create a pageant dress to be worn by Miss America at the Miss Universe pageant and I felt from the little footage we saw that Angela was given a raw deal.... What I mean is that Vincent was VERY hard to work with and kept telling her to go away and then turned it around and said she didn't do anything. On the flipside she didn't impress me with the whole "I don't sketch" stuff and the immediate attempts to latch onto Kayne before they pitched their ideas. Furthermore, there seemed to be SUCH animosity in the room directed toward her that I guessed there was more we just didn't see on the camera. I mean, really... so you don't like his design. It's not great... but it's too late--you are on his team. Suck it up and be as helpful as you can.... TRY for heaven's sake. I wonder if her lack of sketching power also translates into lack of designing ability as well.

This time around I liked the winning dress fine... but I think I liked white dress best... the back was terrific. Very classy. But then I'm not into the whole pageant thing. I am expecting to like Laura Bennett, Katharine Gerdes, Bonnie Dominguez, Allison Kelley right off... but it's hard to say so soon into the show.

1 comment:

marvin said...

What a coincidence! I too like Heidi "Boom Boom" Klum and I wouldn't mind being "Auffed" by her either! Small world, eh?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin