Sunday, September 30, 2007

Propogation of Pothos

Pam told me the that Pothos can break through stones if left untended... Lately my bedroom has started to look like something out of Jumanji. I have vines trailing everywhere from my two plants. The one at the foot of my bed has a tangle of vines spilling down the pot and twisting into a remarkable mass of leaves all over the carpet. What I only recently realized was how it was starting to shoot up between the wall and my heating register... in three places... in its efforts to get through it was starting to push the register away from the wall and one can see the strain on the screws in the spots where it succeeded.

A few days ago I noticed a vine where once there was none... about 6 feet from the plant .... maybe 8. The new vine was headed for my dresser. I decided I needed to learn how to give my plants a haircut.

Now they are trimmed and I have a ton of clippings all sitting in my window waiting to take root. I rather like the effect. I might need to get a long window box to fit that space and see if I can get a lovely waterfall of vines down from my window.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooo! I like the vines in the window a LOT!

E.Louise said...

If it starts to sing songs, you have to get rid of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin