Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Goodbye to the Best Croissants in Town.

In addition to the other dramas of the past week, I've been dealt one more crushing blow. My grocery store is closing. I am sure I'll survive, and I will admit that I do tend to shop at more than one store (see it's probably my fault!). Still, it is hard to see a staple in my community fall... and even worse fall to the Walmart Superstore. Until a few months ago, Leevers was 24 hours and I was ever glad for that when I suddenly needed some essential ingredient at 12:15 am. When that change happened I began to grow nervous. Now, they are closing for real. Selling off their inventory. Not restocking as it sells and the store is looking more and more empty. I've lived at a lot of different addresses here over the years and four of them were best served by that store. Maybe if we could get a Trader Joe's or a Whole Foods grocery I wouldn't feel so bad, but then that would hurt our local food co-op. Sigh.

So before the store is gone or the croissnt supplies run out, I plan to stop every morning and enjoy my very favorite breakfast before it's gone forever. Good-bye Leevers, we love you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin