Saturday, September 29, 2007

New Shows, No Time... Car Shopping Sucks

I love the first week of the new fall shows on Primetime. I wait for it all summer. But this week I didn't get to watch much of anything because I was out looking at cars every single day after work. Sigh. Thank goodness for the DVR.

Sunday I peered in windows and jotted down notes off the window stickers at Honda/Nissan, Toyota, Subaru, and at a couple used car lots.

Monday it was internet research on the cars I looked at on the lots on Sunday.

Scion xD
Tuesday I test drove a 2007 Toyota Prius and the Toyota Corolla and looked at the Scion xD.Honda Civic
Wednesday I test drove a 2008 Honda Civic, 2008 Nissan Sentra, and a 2007 Versa.

Toyota Prius
Thursday I test drove the 2007 Prius again since we were only able to go around the block on Tuesday... because it was low on gas. This time I asked for a different sales person because in addition to Thomas's "reluctance" to let us try out the cars, he didn't offer to PUT GAS IN the Prius so we could drive it on the highway which was obviously a big deal to me. In fact, on Thurs. I called ahead to "make sure there is gas in the vehicle" when we stop in to test drive. Guess what? No gas. Seriously. Our new salesman, Mike, didn't seem to remember anything I said on the phone earlier or notice the gas situation until we were out on the interstate and the low fuel light started flashing. Arghhh.... I am getting the distinct impression these men aren't interested in selling me this car. Thus, I have decided that if I do get a Prius I will go with a 2008 and buy it in Devils Lake.
Honda Fit
Friday I test drove a 2008 Honda Fit, a 2008 Honda Accord, and then the Nissan Altima. I would have purchased the Nissan Altima right then and there if they'd have had the right vehicle in stock. All the models they had there were loaded with extras that jacked up the price and they were things I didn't want. However, they had 2.9% financing and a really great glove compartment... oh and round taillights and dual exhaust.... So, it was tough. In the end, I didn't end up with an Altima and after more time with my consumer reports and online looking for problems with the Altimas I found some. I discovered a LOT of people with complaints and that freaked me out. The main thing I am looking for is a vehicle that won't break down. Or at least has a much lower chance of problems.
Nissan Altima

Of all the cars the Prius and the Altima were my favorites. I would probably like the 08 Civic were it not for that ridiculous split dash that looks just dumb. And the 08 Accord has a rather unattractive control panel too. Seriously dumb reasons to not want a car... but they aren't CHEAP either. The Altima drove the same as the Accord if not better and the interior was just right. When it came to size the Camry was too big, the Corolla was too small... but the Prius... ahhh the Prius was just right. This Goldilocks wants one of those! But the one major drawback on them is the price and lack of any specials. I'm as confused as ever and no closer to getting a car.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin