Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Wine Time

To begin with, not only did I not have a wine rack, I didn't have a clue. That didn't stop me. Since we started wine club last November I've been slowly daring to buy bottles of various wines--ones with fun names, ones that come recommended. Still I'm not morphing into any sort of wine wise girl; if anything, I'm more confused than ever. I thought I preferred white to red, sweet to dry. I realize I might prefer reds and be more "middle of the road." The good news is I like far more varieties of wine than I ever thought I could. In fact some I've enjoyed are quite different on the sweet/dry scale. I guess it's my trademark mercurial side manifesting itself once again.

At any rate, I bought a wine rack to hold 12 bottles, many of which I picked up at the penny sale last March. I now have more wine than fits in the rack. I finally put away the never-used coffee pot and surrendered the space to the pretty bottles. The sad thing is that I am ever reluctant to open a bottle for myself and I'm always trying to entice others to join me in a bottle of wine so I can actually sample some of the bottles I've purchased.

Mission accomplished. Last night, we broke out a bottle of Fat Cat Pinot Noir. It was nice. That's the extent of my descriptive ability. The label claims it has a crisp refreshing finish and it boasts a melody of rich fruit. I found little about this wine online. Probably not a good sign. All I know is it was delicious and I'm wishing I had another bottle on hand.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin