Thursday, July 12, 2007

postage stamp, blackout, hard way bingo babes

Bingo brings back memories of Tara and Erica, two friends who used to be Thursday evening bingo junkies back when they were 16. You have to be 18 to play and so if they ever bingo-ed they would have to talk their "neighbor" into claiming their winnings for them. I was afraid we were going to have to do some fancy work if Emma won when she, Pam, and I went tonight. Since she's not a citizen, is she allowed to win the big bucks? Hmmm.... we weren't sure. At any rate, the 1000 dollar prize went to some other lucky devil. I have NEVER won at bingo and I'm sure I probably never will. Good news. If I did I might actually get "addicted" and start playing on a regular basis. Instead, I get my kicks doing this every couple years just to remind myself of this bizarre world. This world in which a monotone man with a speech impediment calls out the numbers and also the instructions that no one pays attention to, except us frantic and lost relying on the board and the yellow program for the night.

1 comment:

E.Louise said...

It was surprisingly complex.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin