Sunday, July 22, 2007

Chop Chop

It turns out that owning a "chopper" of sorts is a very good thing. Suddenly recipes are much easier. I got this Tupperware Quickchef for my birthday from my friend Marcia and it's revolutionized my cooking attempts. Well, maybe that is too strong a word. But it's sure helped. Here's the sauce recipe I made today and used the chopper to aid me on my way.


Baja sauce
for tacos, chalupas etc... ala Taco Bell

1/4 of a red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 large jalapeno, chopped in half
2 tablespoons diced Spanish onions
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 dash garlic powder
1 dash cumin

1. Using a food processor, puree peppers and onion.
2. Mix 1 cup mayo and 4 teaspoons of the vegetable purée in a bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Chill for several hours to blend flavors.

1 comment:

Sara said...

The chopper is fantastic. I went years longing for a chopper but it wasn't a very fun thing to buy. Like you, I received mine as a gift. The best gift. I love that you are posting recipes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin