Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Works in Progress

My knitting needle case is nearly done. I have been sidetracked by a yummy charcoal scarf that is also nearly complete.

On the case I've gone from 30 inches of red knitted obnoxiousness to a felted piece that measures 20" b y 15" and it turned out pretty well for my first felting attempt.

The cables I am knitting for the inside of the case are surprisingly easy to do. It's sort of thrilling to attempt something and have it turn out exactly as it should. Yay!

I have my buttons poised and ready to attach and before the weekend is done I expect to have the whole project complete.

My soon to be done new scarf is made from a yarn that is made from Marks & Kattens Natura yarn: part wool, part alpaca, part acrylic and part viscose. I'm very pleased with how it's turning out. I found a pattern for a "checkerboard pattern" and it's a "kind" of ribbing but entirely different from the red scarf I completed earlier this fall. I was sure that this would require 3-4 skeins of yarn because of how small they were but I'm just starting my second skein and I'm already over halfway done.

I may be able to use this yarn I love and learn how to make mittens next.

To help with the counting of the rows for my pattern I invested in a row counter. My knitting supplies have grown to include a cable needle and row counter. Where I will stop it's hard to say.



On order: Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller

(I was going to purchase this for my good friend Marcia.... but she says she's getting it for Christmas... I guess it's just going to be a treat for me.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How crafty you are. Going better than when I tried to teach you to crochet ;) I think you'd have the same trouble teaching me to knit, looking at that squirly pink scarf. Very cool. Have you seen 'himalayan yarn'? It's made from threads from saris and each ball is unique. It's very cool (and very expensive!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin