Friday, December 29, 2006

I Felt Good. (tee hee) Grammar for Knitters.

I've been in a knitting frenzy. Okay, maybe not a frenzy, but I'm having fun. I finished my knitting needle case and though it didn't turn out "perfectly" (mainly, due to my lack of precision) I rather like it. Now I just need some empty needles to put IN the case... so many of mine are occupied with half-finished projects. In order to accomplish this task as I did on Christmas Day, I had to actually quickly teach myself to crochet. This was accomplished through the help of my Grandma's how-to-crochet book I found at her house when I stopped to borrow a crochet hook. I can't believe I forgot this simple detail in the construction of my case. However, I still managed to work up some button loops. Yay!


In fact the felting process was so cool I immediately tried to felt something else. I got an idea to make a little bag-like purse out of the extra pink... that plan transformed into something a bit more and I actually really like how it turned out. I managed to create this one in two days!

Here are the before and after felting shots.

the front


the back

the front

the back


the crocheted buttonhole

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! The colors are beautiful. I really like how the felting turned out. I am a little jealous of your ability. You are inspiring me to try a new art.

Anonymous said...

I love it too. You're a craft Queen. I'm looking forward to sharing craft ideas next summer :)

Carm said...

Thank you both. You are very sweet in your praise. My efforts pale when compared to most of the crafty folks online I find so inspiring but I keep on trying. I appreciate your kind encouragement.

banjo bandida said...

You have become quite the knitter. I'm impressed!

Carm said...

Thanks, man. Check out my latest post. (1/14/07) I really AM on a roll....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin